Saturday, August 11, 2012

Review: Skinvitals Hydraflex Face Mask



I got this face mask sample in the Priceline skincare goody bag back in June. The packaging is okay - it came in a plastic pouch that you tear open. The model on the front looks nice and refreshed. As you can see, I did not look quite as lovely in it:

Source

Hannibal Lecter? Is that you!?

I couldn't see anywhere on the cardboard pamphlet that came with it or on the packet itself what exactly the mask intended to do to my skin, and I had to go check out their website for details.

What they say:

"Skinvitals Hydraflex Face is a high-tech mask that delivers a potent multi-peptide combination of matrixyl 3000, trylagen, and argireline to smooth away the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and fatigue. Skin is left looking brighter and more even-toned."



It was a little bit difficult to get out of the packet - the mask is made of cloth but it is absolutely saturated with some sort of liquid which makes it feel a bit weak. It was pretty difficult to unfold as well, because there are slight slits in the mask (I'm guessing so it can fit a variety of face shapes?) which make it hard to see what is going on where. Basically, the whole time I was scared it was going to tear - it didn't. The creases were also pretty unrelenting as you can tell in the above image. 

Having this on my face was a strange experience. It was cold. Really cold. Because it was so wet it didn't feel drying as some other masks tend to do which is a positive. However, I was also pretty terrified of it dripping into my eyes.
It didn't, but this is not a fear one wants to have to tolerate for an extended period of time.

You're supposed to leave it on for 15 minutes, but I couldn't handle how goddamn wet and cold it was and took it off after 10. It was a bit hard to relax under those conditions. 
It also left heaps of the weird slimey liquid all over my face, which I patted off with a clean towel. 

My face did feel pretty rejuvenated after and some of my redness had definitely been toned down but I probably could have gotten the same feeling if I'd splashed ice water on my face.

Verdict
At RRP of $15 for 3 masks it is kind of expensive for what it is. I didn't notice any amazing differences the next day in my skin, so I probably wouldn't spend money on it. 

Have you tried a cloth facial mask before? Did you love it / hate it?

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig