Friday, August 17, 2012

August Bellabox: First Impressions


Yes, I know I'm a little late to the sample beautybox bandwagon, but I'd heard so many people complaining about Australia's glossybox that I was too scared to give it a go.
But now there are more than just the odd one or two companies offering sample boxes and with a bit of research I signed up to Bellabox and Lust Have it. 

Today, my August Bellabox arrived and I'm pretty impressed with the first pack:


This was their "Go Green" box - Bellabox's "pick of the natural crop of beauty, skincare and lifestyle products". 
I'm pretty impressed with the samples in this one and look forward to trying them all out. 
Here are my first thoughts on what was included:


Made with 100% natural fibres, enriched with aloe vera, sweet almond oil and rosehip oil, 100% biodegradeable. 

I'm definitely looking forward to trying these. At the moment I'm using the YTC face wipes and am less than impressed with them, so hopefully these are better! 
Also - visiting the BB website, I notice that YTC is the product I could have gotten instead of this one - SO glad I got this instead. 

I received 2 calming serums and 1 clearing serums. I've never used serums before - mainly because they're super expensive - but that is the beauty (no pun intended) with these boxes: You can try what you can't normally afford!

This is probably one of my favourite items in the box and I fully intend on trying it out tonight after my shower. It smells like roses and lemon - yum. 

Hot-from-the lab: not even in stores yet (hence no label). Made from a 100% natural, edible and food active recipe. Tangerine and vanilla flavour. 

I have already swiped this on my lips...As someone with very dry skin, and cracked lips regardless of how much moisturiser I slather on I was pretty excited to see this in the box. It smells like vanilla, but it's not that fake, overpowering, nauseating vanilla smell so that's definitely a pro. The product itself is a dark colour but that didn't really come out onto my lips at all - another pro. It was a bit hard to just wipe on though - con. 


Vitamin C powder individually packaged in convenient daily sachets containing a mix of essential nutrients. Free of sugar and with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. 

Not really a beauty product - but this is still pretty cool. I got two sachets and will try one in water tomorrow morning for breakfast. 

Leave-in serum to preserve and protect colour treated hair. It also serves as a superior styling aid by minimising frizz, maintaining smoothness and offering extra protection for heat styling. 

My hair's bleached... I don't know if that technically counts as colour-treated? But also excited to try this out. Again, my hair is as dry as my skin so anything that minimises frizz is a godsend. 

I've seen these in Priceline and am yet to try. Love that this has no fragrance and is non-comodogenic (which can't be said for some other moisturisers out there...)

So apparently this was put together by scientists. I love scientists. I love face masks. So I am expecting big things from this little guy - especially as 50ml retails for $70.00


Bellabox is a monthly subscription service - costing $15.00 a month, cancel anytime.
I'm really impressed with my first box of goodies and am eager to try it all out. I'm also really impressed that almost everything in this box is for dry / sensitive skin, which is what I listed as my skin concerns. For me, it's nice to know that the "beauty profile" isn't just something they've used to reel you in - as I've heard other beauty box companies disregard the information you have given them. 

Have you tried a beauty subscription service? Did you receive this month's bellabox? What were your thoughts? 
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig