Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: Sukin Purifying Facial Masque


I'm going to start off this review by telling you first about Sukin - probably my favourite skincare brand. 
Sukin are an Australian owned-and-made, ethical, vegan, carbon neutral company and their products are affordable. And! They actually work. 
So it's a pretty big claim, but I'm going to say this facial masque has changed my life. 

What They Say:

"A gentle treatment to help cleanse, tone and de-stress your skin.
A purifying base of gentle Kaolin clay combined with soothing aloe vera and antioxidant rich rosehip oil will leave skin feeling refreshed, nurtured and completely clean."
Ingredients:

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylic/capric Triglycerides, Glycerin, Bentonite, Talc, Kaolin, Lecithin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Tocopherol(Vitamin E), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, CI 77491, Citrus Paradisi Extract (Grapefruit Seed), Linalool,* Limonene.* 
How to Use it:
Apply to your dampened face, leave for 15 minutes and then wash it off!


My Experience:

'Terracotta' is the best word to describe the colour of this masque, and I'll admit I was kind of nervous the first time I used it because of how coloured it is; the above photo really does not capture it well. Rest assured though, this absolutely does not stain your skin. It's easy to get out of the jar and applies smoothly on my skin. I can easily apply a thin layer if I wanted, or a thicker one.  I would normally use this masque once a week, maybe twice if my skin is really congested, and afterwards I find that my skin is clean. The clay helps to draw out impurities, whilst the inclusion of aloe vera, shea butter and rosehip oil helps to nourish your skin. 
One thing that still amazes me every time I use this product is the way it dries on your skin - it literally dries to the touch and that is it. No pulling on your skin, and it doesn't crack when you smile. 
This past week my skin has been really congested, and the pores on my forehead, nose and chine were incredibly clogged. After this masque they have pretty much been non-existent since. Amazing, yeah? 

Citrus is listed in the ingredients, which is a phototoxic essential oil. This basically means it makes you more susceptible to UV rays, so keep that in mind when using this product. If you're like me though, and wear sunscreen on a daily basis you shouldn't have an issue. 


Have you ever used Sukin skincare products before? What's your favourite deep-cleansing mask?


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig