Sunday, September 23, 2012

What's in my suitcase!!

Okay, so this is less of 'what's in my suitcase' and more 'what beauty items am I bringing to Dubbo?'
This is probably also the perfect time to tell you all that as this goes live, I am on a bus on my way to Dubbo. *groan*. "Why, Dubbo!?" I hear you all asking. No, it's not to go see the animals at the zoo (although I really want to!) - I'm going to referee for a week at the State Titles tournament. I'll be back home next Saturday, the 29th. I have scheduled some posts for you guys though, so I'll still be around the blog-o-sphere. I may or may not have internet. So I may or may not respond to comments until I get back. But don't let that deter you! Leave me lots of love!

To be honest, I've been feeling pretty anxious about it all week. I'm going to miss J and Rommy terribly and I have a shitload of uni work to do while I'm there. Not only that, but I don't know anyone - I'm the only person representing my association, whereas some of the other associations have a few reps.
Anyway, I spent most of today packing and organising all my shiz, and thought "Hey! My readers would LOVE to know what I'm taking with me". I know you're all voyeurs. 


So this is how I've divided it all up. On the left, I'm bringing my brushes...I've put them in the Real Techniques cases, next to that is my make-up in my Revlon organiser, then misc. skincare in the pink bag, skincare / shower junk in the clear/white case and then dental stuff at the end. 
Let's take a closer look:



Dental stuff. Pretty self-explanatory. Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and mouthwash. I love this kit and use it every time I travel. I've separated it from my other stuff because I'll keep it in my carry-on bag. I like being able to freshen up. 


General washing stuff. I bought some 'travel containers' from Priceline and have de-potted all my skincare stuff into them so I'm not carrying too much stuff. In this bag I have my shampoo and conditioner, my face wash (I did pick up a travel sized face wash...) shower gel, RHO and my moisturiser is in the little pot. 


This bag was originally just because my Clarisonic didn't fit anywhere, but I quickly managed to fill this one too. Dencorub and Tiger Balm (remember the purpose of my trip...), my Dove moisturiser, washcloth, Clarisonic and then I have some cotton buds and make up pads in the little baggy. 


This is how I'm transporting all my make-up. I'm actually not bringing that much (yes, this is minimal for me). I'll be reffing all day, and we might do stuff at night but I'm not too sure. I don't wear make-up when I'm exercising so I might not even use any of this!


In the top we have my bronzer, NARS Deep throat, tweezers, blackhead extractor, mascara, Garnier Under eye rollerball thing, concealer and brow gel. 


In the middle compartment, I have my Body Shop brow kit, one of my Stila palettes (I'm taking Cloud, Shore, Makalu and Twig in case you were wondering), my Revlon CustomEyes palette, my Stila tinted moisturiser with SPF30+, Lipcote, 3 lippies (a pink, a red and a nude - just making sure I've covered all bases), 2x Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Audacious Asphalt and Bad to the Bronze, and my Maybelline gel eyeliner. 


In the last compartment I have mainly practical items - my eye cream, the nailpolish I'm currently wearing, some makeup remover, primer, sunscreen, my toner, foundation, lip scrub, eyelash curler and of course some of Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. 


As for brushes, I'm taking mainly RT brushes: the entire 'Eye Starter Set', as well as my Ecotools slanted brush and eyelash groomer (and my eyeliner is shoved in there too). For face makeup, I'm taking the Stippling Brush, the Contour Brush, the Foundation Brush and the Buffing Brush. I'm bringing them in the cases, and although I do like them because they'll keep my brushes protected and can be used as a stand I think I might buy a brush roll simply because I can then carry them all together. 

So that's what I'm taking to Dubbo! 
Do you normally bring this much makeup / this many products with you when you travel? Do you have any tips for homesickness?


 post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig