Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stila Eyeshadow Reviews & Swatches


IMG_20120915_120627

A couple of months ago I bought these Refillable 4 pan compacts from Stila. I've had quite a while now to use them and play with them so I thought I'd share what I think, and some swatches. 

These are all mineral eyeshadows, and have a really nice consistency; easy to blend, easy to work with and a pretty massive colour payoff. Basically, I love all of them! (almost)

This post is a bit picture heavy, so post is continued after the jump. 

IMG_20120915_120652
Clockwise from top (L-R): Bud, Barefoot Contessa, Jezebel, Sajama
Palette One

I think the colours I have in this compact are perfect for trans-seasonal, and especially Autumn. 
Bud is actually a cheek colour, but I've only used it as an eyeshadow. It's a matte pink.
Sajama is a really matte dark grey. Love this for smokey eyes. 
Jezebel is a shimmery, orange-y colour with peach tones to it. This colour looks FANTASTIC on people with blue eyes. I'm wearing it in the video below and you can tell just how much it makes the colour of my eyes pop. 
Barefoot Contessa is a plum-toned brown. Not too shimmery or matte either, perfect as a crease colour.

IMG_20120915_120854
(L-R) Bud, Sajama
IMG_20120915_120955
(L-R)  Jezebel,  Barefoot Contessa
IMG_20120915_121024
Clockwise from top (L-R): Shore, Viola, Makulu, Nanda Devi 
Palette Two

Shore is a blue-based grey. I'm pale, so can pull this off but it might look a bit funny on someone with tanned or darker skin. The shimmer in this is actually really light when applied to the eyelid. 
Viola is a bit mauve-y, a bit purple-y. The colour is really subtle, so is perfect for mornings you're running late.
Makalu is very black and very pigmented. The very first time I swatched this I thought it reminded me of charcoal. I've only ever used this to smudge on my line as eyeliner in a smokey-eye but it lasts ages. 
Nanda Devi is a really nice dark brown. Also matte.


IMG_20120915_121107
(L-R) Shore, Viola
IMG_20120915_121042
(L-R) Makalu, Nanda Devi

IMG_20120915_121131
Clockwise from Top: Bud, Nanda Devi, Viola, Cha Cha
Palette Three

Cha Cha is a really light green. To be honest, it's not really that impressive and there's not that much colour payoff. That being said, if you wanted to wear a green and not have it overwhelm your face then this would be good for that.


IMG_20120915_121209

IMG_20120915_121241
(Clockwise from top): Shore, Cloud, Twig, Makalu 

Palette Four


I don't mind too much that some of these are repeats because I love the way these colours go together and will more than likely use this palette when travelling. 

Cloud is an incredible colour. It's a not-too-overpowering shimmery silvery. It's a bit of a light taupe-y colour. Love this as an inner corner highlight or an all over base shadow.  
Twig is a really nice shimmery brown with gold undertones. Although quite similar to Barefoot Contessa, Twig has more of a deeper, red-y tone to it. 


IMG_20120915_121251
(L-R) Twig, Makalu
IMG_20120915_121312
(L-R) Cloud, Shore

Check out my video below (in HD!), because I ramble a bit more about the colours and what I like / don't like about the packaging and the eyeshadows generally. 


Have you tried Stila eyeshadows? Any colours you think I should try out? 

post signature
Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig