Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Hair-care Series Part One: Organisation

INTRODUCING...

THE HAIR-CARE SERIES. 

For the next few weeks, I'm going to do regular posts related to haircare. I get asked a lot in real life about how I keep my hair shiny and healthy, so I'm going to share my secrets with you all in the form of a series of posts. For the first 'episode' I'm going to cover organising your hair appliances. The apartment I live in has virtually zero storage - the bathroom also has no powerpoints and a tiny, shitty mirror. So you can imagine the issues I have with doing my hair. For ages, my appliances were tucked under the coffee table looking like this:


and although I'm probably the only one who just shoved their appliances under furniture, I bet I'm not alone in battling with the mess that is cords. Why can't appliances be wireless already!? So one day, when cleaning out my bathroom, I noticed I had a bunch of old toilet rolls and realised they would be perfect for cord-keeping:


Just wind the cords up, slip the toilet roll over the top and your cords are instantly organised and immune from tangling! Just make sure that you live a bit of slack where the cord starts from the appliance - you don't want to bend this too much or it will lessen the life of your appliances. 
Now on to storage! My sister gave me this beautiful box for my birthday, and I've used it to now house my hair appliances: 


As you can see, everything fits in there neatly and easily, the cords are free from being tangled with each other and I can easily grab my appliance and go. I also keep my heat protector spray, a round barrel brush and a hair clip in there as well - everything I need to blow dry and style my hair. The thing that works best about this 'system' is how easy it is to maintain - it takes less than 2 minutes for me to wrap up the appliance cord and shove the toilet roll back on when I'm done. 

Just a tip with keeping in sprays / liquids: most packaging of these products will give you the option to 'close' the spray / nozzle. Make sure you do that before you pop it back (especially if it's laying flat) to keep it from leaking / spraying everywhere. 
I've included an image below to show you where to look. Obviously it will differ between products, but it's more or less the same. In the image below the setting is 'closed'. If I were to move the toggle to the slit, it would be open and the trigger would be able to be pulled. 



The best part about using this box is that when I'm done with it I can easily just store it on the shelf and it looks nice and tidy:


So there you have it! That's how I organise my hair appliances! 

How do you organise yours? Are you lucky enough to have drawers and powerpoints in your bathroom? 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig