Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Favourites!



So January's come and gone. How's 2013 treating you so far? I'm still forgetting we've hit the new year - and keep dating everything "2012". C'mon Michaela. Get with the TIMES. 
Not too many favourites this month, on account of the hot weather and my refusal to wear make up that will just slide right off in those circumstances. 


Hair Care
I feel like I'm the last person in the world to figure this out, but those sock donut bun makers are truly genius. They make your hair look so put together and polished in under 2 minutes. I've been relying on this for those mornings that I'm rushing to work, and usually style it by teasing around my crown so I don't look toooo prim and proper. 

I've also been playing around a lot with my new hot roller set, and have been using the Toni&Guy Spray Gel for Curls. I think this was about $15 in Coles, which is okay for what it does. I hate the way it comes out of the bottle though - I would prefer a fine mist, whereas it prefers to come out more concentrated. That being said, it does hold curls pretty well without weighing them down. 



Skin Care
My skin has been acting up something shocking these past couple of months. Nothing I was doing was settling it down, and not only were my pores more blocked than usual, but I was getting acne type pimples all along my chin. Gross. So I decided to try out Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel and my word is this amazing. It has cleared my skin up really well in the two weeks I've been using it. Total convert. 

I've been using Sukin's Hydrating Mist Toner for the better part of a year now, but I truly appreciate it in the hotter weather. It is just so refreshing and cooling. I use it once I get out of the shower and spray it all over my face and neck. If I'm at home and it's been a particularly hot day I'll give my skin a quick spray with this and I'm feeling all good again! 


Make-Up 
Not much make-up has been worn this month. Unless I'm going out to a special occasion or to work, I've tried to avoid it as much as possible. Again, the heat (In case you haven't heard me whine enough about it). I love a good neutral palette for those mornings when I don't want to think and I've been loving playing with the MUA Heaven and Earth palette. The colours in this are all really pigmented and all go really well together, so you can't really go wrong - even if you haven't had your morning coffee yet. 

For those times when I have wanted it to look like I've put a lot of effort in but I haven't I've slathered on Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush. It's a bit vampy for Summer, but whatever. I love it. 

A couple of months ago I also ordered this Inglot blush palette online. I've been loving the coral colour (second from the right) - (I think it's number 30. I matched it up to my receipt order and swatches online because the damn thing is so hard to get out of the palette now that it's in there.). It's a lot subtler than it looks in the pan and I think it's a really nice colour for Summer. 

To hear more ramblings, check out the video below - my kitten Romulus makes an appearance!



What were your January favourites this month?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig