Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review and Swatches: Inglot Blush Palette

I've been talking about this palette a lot lately - mentioning it in both the "6 products I could not live without" and my "January Favourites" posts. Considering I chose these shades online without trying them out in person, I think I did really well. Normally priced at AUD$16, I got them on sale for $12.80 each. 

48-68-30-37

Here's a closer look at the colours I got, with each number. It's quite annoying that Inglot uses numbers instead of names (although I can imagine it would be easier for them). It's difficult to remember numbers, and the blush pans don't come out of the palette as easy as the eyeshadow pans do. The first three blushes are all matte, with 37 being a shimmer colour. 

48-68-30-37
Swatches with flash off. 
48-68-30-37
Swatches with flash on. 

I absolutely adore the first three colours - 
I think 48 (far left) is perfect for that rosey "just went running in the cold" flush - I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this one in winter. 

68 is a really beautiful, slightly coral colour, and one I've been getting a lot of use out of lately. I feel like this is a colour that would suit most skin tones (surprisingly - I've never seen myself as a coral kinda gal)

30 is a matte peach colour - I haven't had that much wear out of this one yet. 

37 - The SHIMMER! I was really overwhelmed when this one arrived in my mailbox - I didn't even realise it was a shimmer when I bought it. As you can see in the above swatches though, the shimmer is not that crazy on the skin, and I actually really like it. I first thought I'd use this one mostly as a highlighter, which is what I've done so far - but I think I'd be game enough to wear it on my cheeks. 

As far as pigmentation goes - watch out cheeks! These blushes are incredibly pigmented, and a little really goes a long way. I apply with my Real Techniques stippling brush, making sure to pat off the excess product. If I've applied too much, I normally blend out the colour with some setting powder and my Real Techniques powder brush.


I really think Inglot have hit the nail on the head as far as packaging in their freedom system goes - the palettes are incredibly sturdy, lightweight, with a top that allows you to see what's in the palette. The lid snaps on with strong magnets, which also comes in handy if you have more than the one palette. As you can see in the above photo, the palettes can be stacked up together - perfect for travelling and saving space. 

Single blushes from Inglot retail for AUD$22-$28 for 2.5g. 
These blushes are $16 for 7g; kind of amazing value. The palette retails for AUD$20, or if you have a z palette (or similar) you could just use that. 

Have you tried Inglot blush before? What's your best blush tip?



post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig