Friday, February 8, 2013

Interview Tips Part 1: Hair and Make-Up

This is part 1 in a 3-part series on interview tips! I'm really excited to bring this to you guys, and hope that it'll be able to help some of you out. I've been on quite a few job interviews, and in my experience they're always stressful. 
So today we'll cover part 1 - hair and make-up. 


General Tips:
- The most important thing to remember is that you only do what makes you comfortable. If you don't normally wear make-up you don't have to feel that you must wear it to look presentable. As long as the image you're portraying is clean and professional you'll be fine. 

- Clean and professional is the ultimate goal here. Keep hair out of your face, and remember that this isn't the time to try out bold colours. 

This is how I did my hair and make-up for a job interview about 2 weeks ago (I got the job, YAY!). 
It was an 'informal' interview, so I did wear my hair down with my fringe pinned back. We will cover hair a little later, but just so you know. 

So for the eyes I used:
 
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bold Gold. Check out my review on this entire collection here. I used this as a base for my eyeshadow, and applied it all over the eyelid. 



For the eyeshadow, I used Half Baked (lid colour) and Buck (crease and outer corner) from the Urban Decay Naked Palette:
 

I then followed it up with a coat of Maybelline's The Falsies Flared in Blackest Black

I didn't bother with my eyebrows as they're quite dishevelled at the moment. (If anyone wants to donate funds to the Fix Michaela's Eyebrows Foundation that would be appreciated
I tied off the look with a nude lip.

 

Again, if you want a full review on the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain you can check that out here. Like I said earlier, you don't want to go with bold colours, so a nude lip works really well. This balm stain nourishes your lips quite nicely, with a hint of colour. 

So for the hair, you can either leave it out like I did, or if it's a more formal situation, try one of these easy-peasy up-dos using these:

  

Chic and sophisticated! For more tips and to see me actually doing my eye make-up, check out the video below. 



What are your make-up tips for job interviews? Do you prefer not wearing any make-up at all? How do you usually do your hair? 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig