Thursday, February 14, 2013

Nails of the Week - V DAY NAILS


Bokeh background image taken from here
Happy V-Day guys! Although I don't normally 'celebrate' Valentines Day with J, I thought it would be cute to get into the spirit anyway. I'm working all day today, and we're allowed to dress up in red and pink; so I painted my nails to match!



Silver french-tipped red manicure! When I showed J this one he remarked 'oh wow! It looks like your nails are dipped in silver!' oh boys...haha!

I used three colours for this one; a red for the base, a silver for the french tips and a silver shimmer top coat for the accent nail - again, just to add a bit of bling bling.
For the french tips, I cut out the curved shape from pieces of masking tape and used that as a stencil. It worked really well because masking tape is the Goldilocks of sticky tape; not too sticky, but sticky enough that it won't move during the painting process...just right!





Colours I used:
- Australis Nail Glitter Top Coat in Shimmy Shake
- Rimmel Lycra Pro in 319 Ruby Me (kind of an orange based red)
- Revlon Top Speed in 860 Metallic. 

Do you wear french tip nails often? What are your tips for getting that perfect semi-circle?


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig