Monday, December 23, 2013

Her Fashion Box: December




The Her Fashion Box was actually on time this month, which was nice! It was really lovely getting this right before Christmas...almost like an early gift to myself! (from myself...)


This month's box contents. To be perfectly honest, this month was a little bit of a let-down. I'm not as excited about the products as I have been for previous boxes. That being said, this is the first in four boxes that I've not been over the moon about, so I guess that's not too bad. 

 

These were the fashion items in the box. I'm really not keen on the half white-half clear "clutch". It looks and feels cheap. I'm generally not a fan of the see-through clutch/bag trend, so this was always going to be a product that had to work harder for my love. But yeah, it didn't win me over. I could use it as a make up bag, but I honestly have so many of those that I probably won't even use it for that. 

There was also a blue pony-tail clasp which is cool. I actually really like the colour against my blonde hair, and I've never used one of these before. 


 When I first pulled the earrings out of the box I was pretty disheartened. They look kind of cheap, and at first I thought they were pretty tacky. But I think they might work with a dress I have. However, the other problem I have with them is that it's not stated anywhere that they're hypoallergenic or made from stainless steel. Unfortunately my ears are incredibly sensitive so I probably won't be able to wear these without getting infected ears which is sad. So even though I've come around to liking them a little more, I won't be able to wear them anyway. 

I really do like the necklace though; it's got a bit of a vintage vibe to it, and is quite pretty.

 

The beauty etc products. 

We received a sample of Katy Perry's Killer Queen. I really love receiving perfume samples, especially when they're in this packaging. What I like even more about this one is that it details the scent notes. I was a bit surprised by this scent. It goes on very strong, and I don't like the first hit you get from it. But once it settles, it's a lot more subtle. It's a much more mature perfume than you usually get from celebrity fragrances. 

White Glo toothpaste...not that keen on receiving toothpaste as a sample? I don't know why, it's just kind of weird. Both my parents have had this in the past because they're both smokers and coffee drinkers. So I have used it before. 

A Modelco trio palette in 'smokey eye'. I'm not really a fan of this brand at all. These colours are pretty uninspiring, and quite chalky. That said, they seem pretty pigmented. Haven't given them a proper test run so can't say much more about it. 

I am really keen to try out the 'Heavy Metal' nail art kit. The kit contains 10 sheets of gold leaf foil, 20 square studs, 20 round studs and a little nail polish. I think this will be really fun to play with for some New Years nails.

 Also (not pictured, but is in the first photo) was two sachets of 'super booster' for adding to smoothies, which I think is a cool addition. 

In the magazine that comes with the box, it noted that there was going to be a 'Her Fitness Box' launching soon, which I'm definitely interested in. I might see what's in the first box before subscribing, but it is an interesting take on the subscription box idea! 

What do you think of what I received this month? Do you agree with me on the clear clutch trend, or are you more fashion forward than I am?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig