Sunday, December 1, 2013

Inglot Neutrals Palette


Every year since I started law school I have bought myself a little something something at the end of the exam period. In the past, this may have been a new piercing or piece of jewellery, but this year I decided to make myself a 10 pan Inglot eyeshadow palette. I freaking love the Inglot eyeshadows I already own, and wanted some more neutrals to give my poor Naked 1 palette a rest.

So a couple of weeks ago I headed down to the little Inglot stand at Bondi Junction during my lunch break, and enlisted the help of one of the sales assistants / make up artists. She gave me a little magnetic plate and a bunch of tissues and baby wipes and I spent about 45 minutes choosing the colours.

The end result was this pretty little thing:


I ended up choosing a colour for my brows, three matte eyeshadow colours and then the rest are shimmers.
Inglot don't use names for their eyeshadows, and instead use numbers. This can be problematic because they are difficult to remember (and silly me..I actually ended up choosing a colour I already own!).

I freaking love Inglot's eyeshadows. They are buttery, they blend so nicely, and they are super pigmented. I also think they're the best value for money. Each eyeshadow pan is $10 for 2.7g of product.

Top Row (L-R): Brow 561; 328M; 357M; 339M; 153S

I enlisted the help of the makeup artist to choose a brow colour best suited to me. I have to say, whilst I love this colour, it is not as pigmented as the eyebrow powder I usually use (from the Body Shop). So it does take a lot more work to get it to actually fill my brows. It takes even more effort because they're a bit unkempt at the moment, and unfortunately when I'm in a rush in the morning I just cbf spending time applying this one.


I really wanted some new matte shades to play with, and 328M and 357M have both gotten heaps of use since I bought the palette. 328M works as a fantastic neutral base colour, or a colour to blend out the crease up to the browbone, or to blend out the more shimmery shades. Honestly, it is such a great all rounder. I've been using 357M as a crease colour mostly, but I love the way it blends together with 153S and 402P. It makes mornings that bit easier.

Bottom Row (L-R): 402P; 43S; 421P; 423P; 434P


I think the colours all work so nicely together to create a palette that is fantastic for daytime looks. I absolutely adore the colour 357M for the crease and creating some definition, and 153S and 402P have been favourites for applying all over the lid when I'm in a morning rush. I've not yet gotten too much use out of the grey-based colours but I thought they'd be awesome to include to darken things up a bit. I chose not to go with a black for this palette as I already have so many it seemed like a bit of a waste to add one to this palette. Funnily enough, I do already own 421P, so that colour better get some use as I now have two to use up!


I have had so much fun playing with these colours the past couple of weeks and am thinking of doing a post with my favourite looks I've created so far. Would that be something you guys would like to see?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig