Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Top 6: Red Lipsticks for Summer


Although it's hard to make a definitive decision on what is my favourite make-up product, I think a red lipstick is definitely way up there. I especially love a red lip over Summer and the festive season. A red lip is so easy to accomplish, looks great on everyone (regardless of skin colour and undertones etc) and is so bright and cheerful; just like this time of year!

So I bring you; my top 6 favourite colours in my collection. I tried to go for 5, but I could not narrow it down.



Rimmel Apocalips in 'Stellar' is a great glossy red, perfect for Christmas parties and summer evenings. This product is a lip lacquer, which is kind of a hybrid between a lip gloss and a lipstick. (Read my full reviews on the Rimmel Apocalips here and here)
Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Romantic' is a hybrid between a lip balm and a lip stain, packaged in an adorable chubby pencil. It goes on kind of sheer, but is really easy to build up. Perfect if you're new to the red lip and a little bit wary of it.
The Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick has a great colour payoff but is a bit of a 'greasy' formulation. It does slip around on your lips quite a bit (unless you set it with something like lipcote). So if you're a red lip novice or want a no-fuss lip I would steer clear of this one. The colour '09' is a beautiful deep, berry red so if you don't mind a bit of maintenance, this one is fantastic.


Maybelline's ColourSensational in 'Are you red-dy' was one of the first red lipstick colours that I ever owned. This is a true red that makes your lips pop and your teeth appear whiter. 
L'oreal Infallible Lipstick in 'Ravishing Red' is also a gorgeous, bright red.. This one is a bit more 'berry' coloured than the Maybelline. Whilst I love the colour, the staying power of this isn't amazing and the time it takes the lipstick to wind up the tube is ridiculous. 
Revlon Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple' is a cross between a lipstick, a lip stain and a lip balm. The lip butters really are the best of every world when it comes to lip products. This colour is a little orange-based. It's also quite a sheer red, but it is easily buildable and lasts for hours. This colour is perfect if you're venturing into the world of red lips as it's such an easy one to work with. 


What's your favourite lip colour?
post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig