Sunday, March 16, 2014

OOTD: Grown Up Tartan


The weather just could not make it's mind up today on Thursday, so I had to dress for both warm and cool weather for uni. I always find skirts and stockings + a t-shirt is the winning combination for this. 


I absolutely adore this skirt; it's probably one of my favourite wardrobe items. I've had it since I was 14 or 15, and it was one of those pieces that circled around our friendship group and somehow I ended up with it. I'm not quite sure who originally owned it, or where it's from, but I'm pretty happy I landed it as I've worn it ever since.


I paired it with a plain grey t-shirt from k-mart, and to jazz it up a bit added this black lace necklace from Her Fashion Box. I love the detail this necklace adds to what would otherwise be a really boring shirt.


Stockings meant that I was kept warm even though sydney trains cranks up the air-con, and my quilted Dr Marten boots are a practical, yet fashionable, choice for walking around campus.


Currently on my nails is this gorgeous red from Sally Hansen Triple Shine, in 230 Red Snapper. 


Make-up was kept fairly neutral, with just a lip balm on the lips and 'garnet' from the Lorac pro palette across my eye lids. Hair was so low-key I didn't even brush it.


What's the oldest piece of clothing still in your wardrobe?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig