Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Katy Perry Killer Queen


I recently picked this up when Priceline had their 40% off perfume sale. I had already received a sample of this, and knew that I liked it so decided to pick up the 30mL bottle.
The fragrance's name gets its inspiration from Queen, with Katy Perry saying:

"Freddie Mercury painted the lyrics of this woman who I wanted to be. She seemed very powerful, and she captivated a room when seh walked in. I named my company Killer Queen after those lyrics. I feel like, after all this time, it was appropriate to use that name in association with something I did. I feel like I'm falling, finally, into that woman Freddie painted" 


The bottle is gorgeous...the bottle itself is very ruby-esque and the lid is like a scepter. The packaging is just so regal, and I really think Katy Perry hit the nail on the head with this one. 

I was expecting a really sweet, almost childish scent when I first came across this perfume. To my surprise, it's a lot more mature than I thought it would be, with musky, almost woody undertones. It's fruity but also quite spicy and I think it would be perfect as a winter scent. 
I've heard comparisons to Flowerbomb, it also reminds me a bit of Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur. 


Ingredients are as follows:



post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig