Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What's in My Rubbish Bin? #1


This is my first 'empties' post! I'm not quite sure why I haven't done one before...I think the thought of holding onto rubbish put me off it. I finished off all this stuff kind of around the same time though so I thought now would be as good as ever to start posting! 


Dermalogica Precleanse
This was the first oil based cleanser I ever tried and I loved it. I am pretty sure I got this sample size in a beauty box, and reserved it for travelling. It took me ages to actually finish, even though I never felt like I was skimping on product when I did use it. I think that goes to show that a little goes a long way with this product. 
Would I repurchase? Absolutely, but at the moment I'm using another oil based cleanser so maybe after that. 

LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
I got a sample of this in a beauty box about a year ago, and fell in love with it and purchased the full size. It is a tad expensive, but it lasted me about a year, so I think I definitely got enough use out of it. I love the way this makes my skin feel (especially in winter) and if your skin isn't as dry as mine you could absolutely get away with using this and not moisturising after. I don't moisturise my upper body after I've used this, but unfortunately my legs are drier than a desert and require an extra little lovin'. 
Would I repurchase? I already have! I jumped in and bought Michaela's from Lather Rinse Repeat when she had a blog sale before she moved to Dubai. 

Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask
I'm not even ashamed to admit that I succumbed to the hype and bought this. I used it as a normal conditioner (I only wash my hair like once a week), and found it worked really well for me. I actually really like this, and find it super hydrating without weighing my hair down too much. 
Would I repurchase? Yes. I've tried so many other hair masks since I used this one up, and they just do not compare.


Lee Stafford Argan Oil Deep Nourishing Treatment
I bought this the last time Priceline had a 40% off hair sale, and I had just ran out of the Morrocan oil mask. This one smells quite synthetic, and whilst I loved the way it made my hair feel under the water, if I let it dry naturally I didn't feel like this did much. If I blow dryed my hair and applied more oil afterwards, then it was in pretty good condition, but that's too much effort for me every single time. It worked well, but not great. 
Would I repurchase? Probably not. 

L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
A friend told me about this one back in first year uni, and I have barely strayed since. This is my HG eye make up remover. It doesn't sting, it removes all eye make up without needing to tug and pull and this bottle lasts forever. (Spoiler alert, I've already repurchased this). Unfortunately, they've since changed the packaging on this, and now it squirts out all over the place and I've used up half a bottle in half the time. Which makes me really unhappy. Loreal need to do something about that, because I'm not okay with wasting product because of shitty packaging. 
Would I repurchase? see above. Love the product, hate the new packaging. 

I also finished up some Loccitane samples, but I have another review coming soon for those!

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig