Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Pelactiv Facial Refining Deep Cleansing Scrub


I received a sample of this product back in December in my Lust Have It box and was intrigued at its claims that it would "dissolve dead skin cells and decongest pores".
I will get to that in a sec, but I thought firstly I'd research the company a bit; I've not heard much about Pelactiv, but being a 100% Australian made and owned company gives them brownie points with me. 
According to their website, their products are created by Australian skincare therapists and leading biochemists, using Australian native plant extracts and lactic acid. Their products are not tested on animals. 

What is it?
Don't you hate when products have long-winded names that don't actually get to the point of what they are? Basically, this is a gentle exfoliator. 
I use it twice a week, in the shower after cleansing. I massage it into my face and neck for about a minute and then rinse it off with water. 



Pros
+ Although the product has a slightly gritty texture, it doesn't feel overly abrasive which I love. 
+ Ingredients include desert fuschia and melaleuca oil, both of which host anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties to help prevent against future breakouts. 
+ I feel like I get a really deep cleanse with this, without the feeling of my skin being stripped of all oils and moisture. 
+ Doesn't dry my skin out
+ My pores are noticeably more clear when I've used this twice a week, consistently for a few weeks. 
+ Contains both jojoba oil and vitamin E, as well as a bunch of other good stuff. 

Cons
- Slightly pricey with a RRP of $49 for 150mL. That being said, a little does go a long way with this one. 
- Has a slight tea tree oil scent to it. I personally love tea tree oil, but if you are one who hates this scent you may not enjoy that too much. 


Overall
Although I wouldn't exactly say that this is a miracle product, I love that consistent use provides good results. I have definitely noticed less blackheads since including this product in my skincare regime. I still have heaps left in the bottle, so as of today am undecided as to whether I would repurchase. The only thing dissuading me from doing so is the price. (Being a poor student sucks!)




Have you used this product before? If not, what's your favourite exfoliator?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig