Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Bellabox


Surprise, surprise the theme for this month's Bellabox was V-day. Unfortunately, somewhere between the time it's taken me to take the photos for this box and write this post up I lost the little card that came with the box. So I can't tell you how these products fit with the 'theme'. Oh well. 


1. Batiste Dry Shampoo in 'floral and flirty blush'
150mL = $9.95

I received a 50mL sample. I regularly turn to Batiste dry shampoo so this is a welcome 'handbag' sized product. The scent of this one is a light floral scent. Not sure if I'll enjoy my hair smelling like it though. 

2. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting shampoo and conditioner
250mL = $17.99 each

I received a 45mL sample of each. I am always up for trying out a tone correcting, purple shampoo so this is a pretty cool addition to the box. I think the sample size is pretty decent, as I'll actually get a few uses out of both bottles. Haven't tried it yet, but am keen to do so and will report back once I have!


3. Gatineau Aquamemory Moisture replenish cream
50mL = $104.

I received a 15mL sample. I'm sorry but over $100 for 50mL of product is crazy. I guess that considering how expensive this is, the sample size is generous. I love the packaging, it's easy to squeeze some out and then pop it away for tomorrow night. However, I have used this facial moitsuriser a few times and would hardly call it life-changing. The consistency is quite thin and it does absorb into my skin quite nicely. I really do like the way it makes my skin feel, but to be honest, I kind of like the way rosehip oil works on my skin better. I hate the smell of this - way too florally for a face product.  

4. Naturalus Natural Paw Paw Ointment
30g = $5.95

I received a 7g sample. I'm glad to see this one contains no petrochemicals! That being said, the ingredients listed first on the back are vegetable oil and pharmaceutical lanolin (wool wax I believe?), so don't go getting too excited that this is mostly paw paw. It does have other good stuff in it too, like shea butter, cocoa butter and fermented paw paw (apparently double what the "leading brand" has...if that's the other 'red tubed' pawpaw cream then that doesn't surprise me). I think the packaging is really cute (again, good size for my handbag!), and I actually really like this! It's got a really nice, smooth texture and seems to moisturise my lips quite well. It's pretty cheap too, so I'd probably buy this again. There's a little Australia logo on the front, so not sure if this is an Aussie company, or if it's Aussie made?


5. USkin Solutions Nourishing Cleansing Milk
125mL = $32.95

I received an unknown sample amount. I freaking hate packaging that is like this...it's impossible to get the product out and it tells you no information about the product. Like I said, I've misplaced the product info card. I get a very 'botanical' scent from this, which I like for my body...not so much for my face. I am not much of a fan of 'cleansing milks' simply because I don't feel they do that great of a job. 

6. Sally Hansen nail polish in 677 - Shoot the Moon
14.7 mL = $14.95

I received a full sized product. Finally! I get a nail polish that is actually wear-able! I've been wearing this one quite a bit lately and I really like it; Sally Hansen polishes last for ages before chipping which I like. This one needs a few coats though to build up opacity. Expect a nail review on this one later!

Overall:
This box was better than last month's, with some samples I'll actually use and enjoy. Only one full-sized product though is slightly disappointing. There was a pretty good mix of haircare and skincare with a bit of nails thrown in. Unfortunately, no make-up products.

(Side note: Unfortunately finances were low this month, so there will not be a review on LHI February as I didn't receive it. Following this box, I have unsubscribed from BB as well. I may re-subscribe in the future, but at the moment I don't see the value in continuing spending my money here.)

What did you receive in your Bellabox? Have you tried these products before? 
post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig