Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to Uni Fashion Essentials!

Whether you went back to uni this week or last week it's a good excuse to update your wardrobe with some 'back to uni' essentials. ASOS has a massive collection to choose from, and all at a student-friendly budget. I've picked out some bits and pieces that I love and consider essentials. Even better is that every piece here is under $60! With free delivery (and returns) you can't go wrong!

cardis and jumpers
note that clicking on the images will take you to Polyvore. From here you can click the individual items and they will take you to ASOS, where you can buy them :) 

Even on warm days, a cardigan or a light jacket can be absolutely essential. I know at my uni that some lecture halls have air con that's permanently set to "freezing", so a lightweight jacket that I can throw in my bag is much appreciated. I love the waterfall cardigan for a super casual, comfy look. Smarten up the look with a blazer - added studs keep it on trend. I'm also of the very strong belief that every girl should have at least one leather jacket in her wardrobe. 

Pants and Dresses and Shorts, oh my!

For the most part, comfort is the first thing I think of when getting dressed for uni. That being said, I appreciate clothes that are comfy and stylish. ASOS have an awesome collection of shorts (I'm totally into vertical stripes at the moment...like my legs needed any more length to them). Printed pants are very on trend at the moment. What I love about the pants above is that they're all pretty unique, so it's really easy to find your own personal style; personally I think that those metallic baroque pants are freakin' awesome.
And of course, I really can't go past an easy, everyday dress for those mornings that I really cbf getting ready. (frugal tip: If, for example, $60 seems a bit much to pay for a dress, then halve the cost in your head. Because technically you're only paying $30 for the top and $30 for the skirt!) Match with some flats or boots, throw on a cardi or jacket and BOOM instant style. Too easy.


shoes asos

I think it's pretty common sense to wear flats to uni. You're walking between the library and lectures and tuts. Most campuses are pretty big and the last thing you want is to be battling blisters or sore feet from heels. Boots are great for winter... I love the cream biker boots with studs. The red and white polka dot flats are instant cute when worn with jeans, and those Maisy loafers add a "grown up" element to any outfit. And some days, you just want to wear sneakers (especially if you have a really long day). ASOS have a heap of different styles so you'll definitely find something that fits with your wardrobe!

What are / were your uni fashion essentials? Are you the type to rock up in leggings and an oversized shirt or do you prefer to put effort in? Or does it really depend on the morning?

Disclaimer: I was asked to write this post on behalf of ASOS. They have in no way influenced this review and all opinions are my own. See my disclaimer for further details. 

 
post signature

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig