Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Everyday Makeup Brushes


I've invested quite a lot of time (and money) researching and building my brush collection. Although I love them all, and try to use most of them, these are the brushes I resort to for my basic, everyday make up. 


I try to mix and match brushes from different brands. I think each brand has something different to offer, and I love experimenting and finding the ones that I love. My everyday brush mix contains brushes from Sigma, Real Techniques, Ecotools and the Make Up Store. 


FACE BRUSHES

For my face make-up, I rely on one brush for foundation, one for contouring, one for blush and one for concealer. 


The Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki is my absolute holy grail brush for foundations. Designed for flawless foundation application, this brush buffs make-up on like a dream. The bristles are short and dense, taking practically all work out of applying make up. However, the dense bristles can make this brush a bitch to clean, so I make sure to spot clean it every single time I use it, which makes deep cleaning a little easier.


The Real Techniques Contour Brush is great for ...you guessed it! Contouring! The domed bristles make it super easy to deposit product under cheekbones. This is a great brush at a great price. 

I use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush for applying both cream and powder blushes. This brush is good for multi-tasking; I've read plenty of people who use it for foundation. I personally think it is perfect for dabbing on blush. The bristles are quite soft and not too dense, making it perfect for patting on product.


I really love the Sigma P86 brush for concealer. This brush is quite dense, with the bristles coming up to a small dome shape. I find it works really well for concealing blemishes, but prefer to use my fingers or the Sigma 84 brush for concealing the under-eye area. 



EYE BRUSHES

I'm quite fussy with eye brushes, and it took me ages to find the perfect eye shadow brush. At the moment, these are my favourite:

Base Colour: Make Up Store brush number 106
I love the size of this brush and it fits my eyelids perfectly. I find the bristles are quite dense, which means it picks up plenty of product and transfers it easily to the lid, without too much product wastage. 

Crease: I have two brushes that I use when creating and defining my crease. The Make Up Store brush in number 109 is a bigger, kind of domed, brush, and one I rely on for packing product on. The Sigma E47 is a much smaller brush, and one I like to use when I'm being more precise. 

Highlight: I love the Sigma E36 brush for lighter eyeshadows at the browbone. It is quite a fluffly brush (and can also be used for blending), and I find it nice for sweeping eyeshadow on. 

Blend: I've had the Ecotools Blending brush for years and years, and it is one I constantly come back to for blending. I much prefer thicker fluffy brushes for blending and this one is the perfect size. This brush comes in 


What are your favourite brushes?
post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig