Monday, January 20, 2014

New to My Wardrobe...

Tomorrow I start my 20-day internship at a law firm. I'm really excited for this; I'm excited to be learning a more practical component to my degree, and getting to experience an actual law firm. I have worked in a law firm before, but this will be different because I should actually be involved in the cases, and working with the solicitors. It is also highly likely that I'll get to attend court which is fun! 

The only thing is that it's been a while since I've had to wear corporate clothing, and the items I did own are a little worse for wear, or don't quite fir me anymore. So I needed to go out and buy some clothes. I've been on the hunt for the past month or so, especially with all the post-Xmas sales. But, finding something within my price range was proving to be difficult, even with the sales. 
So I turned to twitter, and asked where some cheap, nice workwear could be found. ZARA and Target were by far the most popular answers I got and so I headed out to Target to check out their new 'Modernista collection'. Most of the collection is quite affordable, and I really did love most of it. 

I picked up these two dresses to start with, and will probably go back and get some new blouses as well; 


This dress was a bit hard to photograph, but I love the neckline with its cute triangle cut-out, and the overall pattern. 



Next up is this simple, black dress; always a staple:


This one is a simple V-neck, but I love that it's not a solid black. 


Where's your favourite place to find work clothing?
Any tips or advice from those of you who have had to do internships?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig