Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review: Lush 'Whoosh' Shower Jelly


I purchased this on a total whim in the Lush store, just before Christmas. The 'shower jelly' part intrigued me, and I'm a sucker for a good gimmick. 

This is a really citrus scented soap, with lemon, grapefruit, lime and rosemary all being key ingredients. I really, really love the scent. I love the 'kick' of it, and I love the freshness, especially for Summer. 
I can totally imagine using this when I'm stressed and tired because of uni and it giving a bit of a 'perk up' as well. The scent is really nice whilst your in the shower and it doesn't linger heavily after you step out. 


That being said, I don't think I actually like the 'jelly' part of this product. Basically, this is a lump of jelly in the pot, and I find it a bit tricky to dig a little bit out while in the shower. It's also slippery and gloopy, and when you combine that with water it gets a bit tricky to hold on to. It slips out my hands and on to the floor, wasting a lot of product. I've tried smooshing it into a loofah but that didn't quite work either. 
Basically it requires a lot more effort than I would like to expend on a soap, so I would say it definitely fails on the practicality aspect. 


SLS features predominantly as an ingredient in this product, however, despite that I didn't find this product to be super lathering. It's also a little drying on my skin, so I always make sure to follow up with a moisturiser after using.

Overall, I love the scent of this, but it's far too much hard work for my liking. The jelly is too slippery for the shower and I think the product is a bit gimmicky.

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig