Sunday, February 2, 2014

Quick Tip: Removing Stickyness From Your Products

I have mixed thoughts about stores using sticky-tape to seal cosmetics.
I love it because it means that I know the product I'm buying has not been opened before by some feral in the store, and no one else has put their fingers inside it because they were too lazy to find the tester.
I hate it because the sticky tape is hard to remove, and when I do finally get it off it leaves a sticky, gross mess all over the product that dust and cat hair loves to stick to.

Exhibit A:


In my efforts to use more natural products for cleaning, I've tried out a few different things for removing this sticky-ness. And I've found the holy grail.


Just pour a little tea tree oil (non-diluted) onto a cotton pad or cotton ball (one that won't dissolve easily...don't use tissues!) and wrap it around the sticky mess. Leave for a couple of minutes, and then gently wipe down. 

Voila! All sticky residue gone!
Exhibit B:


Just like magic!

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig