Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Book Lovers Tag

I saw this post on Vanilla Crush, and it looked like the type of tag I just had to do. Let me know if you take part in it, I would love to read everyone's answers!  

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? 

I've loved reading my entire life. My mum's a bookwork and I always got books as gifts when I was little so I think it was just instilled in me from a young age. Mum actually says she remembers when I was a toddler, and I would crawl up next to her bookcase and just flick through the books on the bottom shelf, which I think is pretty funny. 

Where do you usually read? 
On my daily commute, and right before I fall asleep :) 

Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? 
A little bit of both, to be honest. I used to have a book I would read on the way to uni and then one I would read before bed; I really like having options. Some days I  might not feel like reading that romance novel, and might switch to the thriller instead. But since having my e-reader, I've tended to stick to reading one at a time, which is interesting.  

What is your favourite genre? 
This is really tricky! I adore crime (fiction and non-fiction) and that was pretty much all I read as a teenager, with a few classics sprinkled here and there. I think I OD'd on the genre though, and I branch out a lot more now that I'm older. I've really been enjoying dystopian reads, as well as dramas and lighthearted books. At the moment I kind of just check what the bestselling books are and pick one I think looks interesting.

Is there a genre you will not read? 
I refuse to read harlequin romances. 

Do you have a favourite book? 
I think that has to be a tie between The Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird. There are so many books on my shelf that I love, though. 


What is your least favourite book? 

I cannot finish books I don't enjoy reading. This could be because either the writing itself is terrible (Twilight, I'm looking at you), or the actual story itself. I really disliked Emma by Jane Austen; had to read that one in high school and I hated every minute of it. 

What is the longest book you have ever read? 
I read War and Peace when I was a teenager, so I think that one's a pretty hefty read. 
The Game of Thrones books are also quite substantial, especially if you consider that number 3 was split in two because it was so big!

What was the last book you bought? 
I think it was the A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Do you prefer library books or buying books? 
I love buying books; I love wandering the bookstores and lately I even love browsing the online bookstores for e-books. I haven't visited a library in years actually, but I used to practically live there when I was a child. 


What are you currently reading? 
A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin, and Big Brother by Lionel Shriver

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig