Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nails of the Week #6

I have to preface this post by saying that absolutely all credit for this design goes to Jess from Neko Aesthetic. Go check out her youtube if you haven't already - she's a great Aussie youtuber who has some excellent tutorials!

So onto the nail design!


Is that not the cutest design you've seen in your entire life?

If you're an old subscriber to my blog, you may be aware that my nickname is 'Moo'. Don't even ask me why, I've just had it my whole life. This little nickname of mine has since developed into a full-blown collection of cow-related objects. So when I saw Jess' video for a cow print themed nail, I immediately got out my nailpolishes and did it myself!


Obviously this design is really simple - so only black and white is needed, with of course a base / top coat. Jess' video calls for a 'dotting tool' to be used. Now, I've never even heard of such a tool so I got creative and cut one of the ends off a cotton bud and used the stick end instead. It worked great! 


Colours used:

  • Revlon - Coconut Crush
  • OPI - Black Onyx
I personally love the sheen given by the Coconut Crush. I find it adds a bit more dimension to the design, than if I had used plain old white. 
You can check out Jess' tutorial here

Do you have a nickname? If you do - what's the story behind it?



post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig