Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What's in my travel makeup bag?

I mentioned in my last post that my Nan passed away. Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words and thoughts - it was a real comfort to know you guys were okay with me taking a break. It sounds silly but I was a little stressed about not writing up enough posts while I was stressing about everything else.

Anyway, the funeral was yesterday and it was beautiful.
The coffin was a plain, light wood and everyone got the chance to come up and write some thoughts on it in texta, and the great-grandkids (lots of little children and babies! So cute!) painted their hands and left handprints. It was such a great idea, and I think it was great for people to get their last chance to say goodbye. But I'll talk more about that later this week in my "Week in Pictures" post.

Before I left I wrote this up, and filmed this video, but then forgot to schedule / publish it. What a goose!

So, I present to you: What's in my travel makeup bag!?


I didn't bring much at all, because we weren't in Queensland for very long. I brought my Revlon makeup bag. I've showed this before, but basically it has three pouches,

 

In the first pouch (far right):

- Toothbrush
- Loreal red lippy in 312 - Ravishing Red.
- Dermalogica Pre-cleanse, for removing make-up at the end of the day. I got this in the September Lust Have It box and love it! 

- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen

In the second pouch:

- The Body Shop brow kit in 01 - blonde. 
- Rimmel natural bronzer in Sun Glow. 
- Loreal Gentle eye make-up remover. This is a holy-grail product for me. I find it dissolves my eye make-up so easily and quickly, which is perfect after a long day. It's non greasy and leaves no residue after. 
- Face of Australia Face Base Primer. I've talked about this one before - it's a dupe for Napoleon Perdis' Autopilot primer (with the exact same ingredients...)
- Maybelline Mineral Powder foundation in classic ivory.
- Nars Deep Throat. 

and in the last pouch:


- Biore skin preservation cleanser. 
- Sukin Facial moisturiser (decanted into a small manicare pot for space-saving reasons)
- Symbicort and Nasonex (asthma medications)
- Sukin Rose Hip Oil. (Another aboslute holy grail product for me.)
- Revlon nailpolish in Fire Fox - matte suede finish. 
- cotton pads
- Urban Decay Naked palette. 

 

I also brought this smaller make-up bag that came with one of my Lust Have It boxes for storing other smaller items, and my Clarisonic (not pictured - but read about it here).


- Maybelline falsies volum' express flared mascara
-  Maybelline fit me concealer
- Body Shop clear lash and brow gel
- Asthma ventolin
- Urban Decay Primer potion. 
- Ecotools eye brush set
- Real Techniques starter set
- Ecotools angled eyeliner brush
- Real Technqieus stippling brush
- Real Techniques expert face brush
- Real Techniques contour brush

So that was everything I brought with me! If you want to hear me rambling on, check out the video below! 


How lightly do you pack?
What are your must-bring make-up items when travelling?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig