Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review and Swatch-Fest: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

 

With the launch of the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains in Australia, I thought I'd share my thoughts with you, and some swatches on the four colours I have - Precious, Cherish, Lovesick and Crush. Crush and Lovesick were both given to me from Jessie in our International blog swap.


Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Precious

Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Cherish

Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Lovesick. 
Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Crush
As you can see, the intensity of the colours depends entirely on the colour you choose. The nuder, pinkier colours are not as deep or pigmented as the darker colours. However, they still provide a really nice coverage on the lips. Fun anecdote: I wore nude 'Precious' on Sunday to the annual referees awards lunch to cover a cut on my lip. It wore off by the afternoon, and J thought it was a bit of food on my lip and tried to wipe it off, because he hadn't noticed it earlier in the day. Sweet, huh?
What I'm trying to say is the colour payoff on these is excellent.
I don't know if I'd go as far as calling them a 'stain' though, because although the staying power is great, it's not stain-worthy (maybe 3-4 hours of wear? Half that with food). That being said, they are veryyyy moisturising so that's a definite plus considering stains are super drying.

There's a hint of a minty taste upon application, but it doesn't tingle and doesn't last long, so I definitely love that.

The packaging is also definitely in the 'pro' column. They don't feel cheap, the silver ends screw up to reveal more product, and the lid sits on nice and tight, so isn't going to fall off in your handbag. However, the only issue I have is that the lid doesn't fit on the end, so you're kind of left awkwardly holding it while applying your make-up. Or, putting it down somewhere and finding you lost it. No, that's just me? Carry on then.

As for texture, when applied the balm stains feel like a lip balm. No thick, greasy lipstick feel.

All in all, I loveeeee these and ever since Jessie sent me a couple I've pretty much worn these exclusively.

Do you own any? What colours are your favourite? 
I'm normally a bright lip girl, but I've been loving nude lips lately...

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig