Thursday, November 8, 2012

October Favourites!!

Does anyone else think it is absolutely ridiculous that it is already November?
With the beginning of a new month comes the post about my favourite products from the month before!
So I give you... my October favourites!


1. NARS - Deep Throat
Every single time I tried to snap a photo of this, I just couldn't do it justice. This is a beautiful pink, shimmery blush that I wore literally every day in October. A little goes a long way with this, so I can see it lasting ages. I find the shimmer isn't overpowering and the colour lasts right to the end of the day - unlike some other blushes where they fade, leaving you with glittery cheeks. I apply it with my Real Techniques stippling brush.

2. Lush - 'You Snap the Whip' Body Butter
I only bought this one recently, but I love it so much I couldn't not include it! This body butter exfoliates and cleanses your skin really well with the use of coal and charcoal, but has cocoa butter and macadamia nut oil to soften your skin as well. It's super easy to use, and it smells like lollies. NOM.

3. Dermalogica Precleanse
I got this in the September Lust Have It box, and am in love with it! Basically, using dry hands, massage it into your dry face, rinse with warm water and it turns into a milky cream and breaks down all your make-up. I use it after I've removed my eye make-up, and before cleansing (hence, precleanse!) I have loved using this and am seriously considering spending the money on buying the full-sized when I run out of the sample. 



4. Davroe Hair Wellness non-aerosol hairspray
This was another sample from the same September Lust Have It box. I wasn't sure if I'd like it when I first got it, because of its non-aerosol-ly-ness.
However, I think I actually prefer it over aerosol hairsprays. It shoots out a really fine mist, so it's easy to set your hair quickly, and it doesn't shift the hair when you apply it.

5. Stila all over shimmer in Pink Shimmer
I bought this one on a midnight-online-shopping-whim about two months ago. This is the first highlighter I've owned so I'm still working it out. But I love applying it on the brow bone when I'm in a rush in the morning, and it brightens my eyes and perks me up a bit. It is quite shimmery, so haven't yet tried it on my cheekbones. Will do so soon, and report back pronto!

6. Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express Flared
I am of the opinion that Maybelline make the best "drugstore brand" mascaras. I am yet to buy one from them that I haven't liked (okay I lied...I despised that one in the green and pink tube. I'm sure you know which one I mean. Don't pretend you didn't own it as a 15 year old.). Anyway, I find this adds heaps of volume and length to my lashes, without clumping. I don't use waterproof mascara because I hate how hard it is to get off, and I find this one quite difficult to remove.


8. The Body Shop - Hemp Foot Protector
I bought this quite a while ago now, and cannot express enough how much I love it. 
It's a super hydrating, really thick cream for your feet. Now, I know feet gross some people out, but they carry us around everywhere we go, so they need looking after too. I slather this on before bed, and after my shower and let it really soak in. Be careful putting it on and then walking around on tiles / floorboards though - it can make your feet slippery!


What were your favourites for this month?
Have you used any of the above products before? Do feet gross you out? I personally don't mind them...


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig