Tuesday, November 13, 2012

International (UK-AUS) Blog Swap - Haul!

Back in September, Jessie from The Bode Boutique tweeted me and asked if I would be interested in doing an international blog swap with her.
Of course I jumped at the idea!

If you're unfamiliar with what a blog swap is, it's actually really simple: you swap items with someone who has a similar blog / or similar interests to you. Beauty swaps are really common, and lots of fun! They can be done domestic or internationally. Jessie is from the UK so obviously this was an international swap. You each set a spending limit, and then shop for goodies for each other! Jessie and I worked out if there were any items we each wanted that weren't available in our countries, so we had a good mix of surprise items and  things we were expecting!

We both posted on the same day (taking into account time difference) and were both really happy to see that they arrived within a couple of days of each other!

Now, I'll take you through what I got, as well as a quick review / thoughts. I haven't had a chance to properly try them all yet though, so expect better swatches and more thorough reviews / tutorials / FOTD (that's face of the day for those playing at home) looks in the upcoming months!

So on to the haul!



As you can see, Jessie did an excellent job with a range of items - 4 lip products (you spoil me!), 2 blushes, and 2 eye palettes. Even better, these are all brands / products we don't have here, so I feel a bit special!

 

This Sleek blush is in the colour 'Rose Gold' and ohmygod I love it. It's such an apt name, and describes the shade so well! It's such a beautiful, shimmery pink with a hint of gold shimmer. I think this will be such a perfect colour for summer! 

The other blush was this cream blush by Revlon in 'Flushed Rougissant'. Jessie said she loves this one as it creates a nice flush and glow to the cheeks! It looks like SUCH a bright pink in the tub, but when swatched it's actually a little lighter, so I'm sooo keen to try that one out for a nice "just been running" glow. 



This is the MUA palette in 'Heaven and Earth'. This looks like such a lovely, neutral palette, I'm so keen to try out looks with it. I really love that there's a few darker colours in this one! The colours are so pigmented, and last for ages! I've only had a small play with it, but will definitely be creating some looks out of this one. I  swatched these on my arm to get a photo of them, and even after scrubbing at my arm, they didn't come off that easily, so that is definitely a good sign!
Unfortunately, I chose to do this at sunset so the photo quality of them is pretty poor. You can expect a more comprehensive review soon!



This is the Sleek Storm palette - check out how vibrant and beautiful those colours are! This one is a firm favourite of Jessie's, and I can totally see why. I am already just dreaming up the number of looks I can create with this one alone! The plastic hinge snapped in transit, which is a bit unfortunate, but I suppose it could definitely be worse! Imagine if one of the actual eye-shadows had snapped!


This was one of the only products I requested, and that is the much-discussed and loved Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Revlon's answer to Clinique's Chubby Stick, these are not available in Australia just yet (although I've heard murmurs that they're arriving on our shores soon!). Jessie got me 'Crush' (on the left) and 'Lovesick' (on the right). I've already become obsessed with Lovesick and it has been a permanent addition to my handbag for the last week. 


And last but not least - here's a quick swatch of the two MUA lipsticks she sent me! I've only ever read great things about these, so I'm really excited to add them to my collection. On the left, shade number 13 - a really bright, gorgeous red, and on the right, shade number 3 - a gorgeous, pretty pink. I think the pink is super feminine, and agree with Jessie in that it will be great for Summer!

I cannot say a big enough 'thank you' to Jessie for asking me to do this with her! I had such a great time picking out products for her, and I hope she enjoys her goodies as much as I enjoyed receiving mine. I feel like I got to know you so much better with all our back-and-forth emails, and you're so lovely!
You should all go check her blog out here! A little birdy has told me that soon you'll be able to see what I sent her ;)

Have you ever done a blog swap before? I'm always up for doing more if you're interested! 
Have you ever used any of these make-up items before? How much cooler is it to receive 'exclusive' things from overseas!


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig