Monday, January 28, 2013

January Lust Have It



This month Lust Have It came in this really beautiful pink storage box. This is obviously their new collectible packaging, and I think it's really nice. I don't think the glue that they used was very strong though, because mine has come apart slightly but overall it's quite nice. 


I was a lot happier with this month's box than I was with Bellabox...but that really wasn't that hard. This has a good mix of make-up, hair care, accessories etc. 

1. Face of Australia Bronzing Loose Powder
20g = $12.95

I received a full sized sample. This bronzing powder is really pigmented and quite shimmery. The info card says it adds "instand radiance and shine" and I can definitely see how that's the case. I haven't had a proper play with it yet, but I'm guessing a light application is really all that is needed. I think I will do a proper review on this one later!


2. Lust Have It Kabuki Brush
RRP = $19.95

I usually don't like receiving products made by the beauty box company - I think it's kind of a cop out. That being said, this brush is such excellent quality I don't mind it too much in this instance. The brushes are synthetic, and really soft. And I know how soft the brushes are isn't really an indicator of anything. The brush bristles aren't too densely packed - in fact, this brush will be perfect for the light dusting of the bronzing powder I also received!

3. Nude by Nature BB Cream
50mL = $19.95

I received a full sized product. In medium. WHICH IS SO EFFING FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I'M SO PALE. This really disappoints me. I have contacted LHI about it, but received no response yet. All good, it's still the long weekend so I'll give them a break for now. 
(ETA: I have received a reply from LHI and included the reply in the comments down below.)


4. GKMBJ Lactic Hydration Shampoo &
GKMBJ Fortifying Honey Creme
280mL = $19.95 each. 

I received  a 30g sample of each. As soon as I opened the plastic shrink wrap on the S&C I could smell the product. I'm really not sure how to describe the scent, but it's not unpleasant. I love the packaging - I think it's really modern, and a great way to provide a sample. However, the bottles only have in tiny writing on the back whether they are the shampoo or the conditioner so I can imagine that being a problem in the shower with sudsy eyes. I have really been getting into honey as a skincare ingredient lately, so I'm definitely interested to try this out on my hair. Neither the info card or the bottles have any outlandish claims: all is said is that the high quality ingredients are for optimal ingredients. Uhh okay. 

5. Amuse Nail Lacquer
18mL = $13.95

I received a full sized product. Not gonna lie - I was disappointed when I first saw this. Bright, neon yellow is SO NOT my thing. But then I started thinking about what I could do with it in terms of nail art and I realised it's not so bad to add a yellow to my collection. The diamantes on the bottle are kinda tacky, but my nail polish sits in a cupboard so that hardly bothers me. 

Overall
This box is amazing value, and I'm really happy with it. Although the products were in the same "lower-end" price range as this month's BB, I received full sizes of everything except the shampoo and conditioner, meaning I got a lot more for my money. It's a shame the BB cream isn't in my colour, because if it was, LHI would have received a 5/5 and I would be using every single product in this box. 

What did you receive in this month's LHI? What do you think about the new collectible packaging?


post signature
Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig