Monday, January 14, 2013

My Week in Pictures #21

This week was actually a lot of fun! Little old homebody me got out of the house quite a bit!
Tuesday was really hot. Really hot. Obviously if you live here, you know that. But if you're not from Oz here's a radar snapshot of the average temperature this week:

Source
I think it got up to 42 degrees in Sydney and it was still 38 degrees at 9pm at night as we were leaving a restaurant in Newtown for Brad's 21st. When it's that hot you literally feel like you do when you open the oven door.
Luckily in Sydney we only had one bad day, but pretty much the rest of the country is literally on fire. I hope if you live near any of the bushfires that you're staying safe!


Pole resumed back this week - here's a snapshot of what I'm reading at the moment. I'm really loving this book - much better than some other Stephen King novels I read as a teenager. Have you seen the film?


J and I headed out to our favourite cafe - the Post Cafe - for breakfast. I had the (edible!) fruit basket with ice-cream and J had the pancakes. 

  
Plenty of coffee was consumed.


On Friday night we headed out to the Night Races. We both had a lot more fun than we thought we would, placing $5 bets on the best looking horses. We had a horse place, and went to go collect our $6 winnings from the bookie - and got an extra $11 back! Talk about winning! Ka-ching! 


Spent some time reading and drinking coffee while waiting for J to finish up with the grocery shopping on Saturday morning... 


And I spent Saturday night at Brad's for his 21st!
How excellent do my friends look?

What did you get up to this week? Anyone reading any good books at the moment - I'm almost finished this one! How have you been dealing with the heat?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig