Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Week in Pictures #19

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!

How crazy that it is 2013!!
Ahhh!! I've missed these posts for the last week or two - over Christmas literally all I did was work, and that's not that fun to read (or write) about.
Here are some snaps from last week, rounding off 2012.


J and I went down to one of our local parks and had a picnic! We made up sandwiches and rolls with salad and cold meats, ate lots of fruit and played some card games. I haven't had a backyard since I moved out of home 3 years ago so it's easy to forget how nice it is just sitting in the outdoors. I really enjoyed it, and I hope we have more in the future. 


Later that afternoon after we'd unpacked the food from our picnic basket Mr Romulus made a home in there. 

I've also been practicing with my new camera heaps (read all about that tomorrow in my Christmas Haul post!)
Romulus has been the subject of many photographs. When we went around to Dad's for New Year's Eve last night, Dad's pets were no exception:





We had a fairly quiet NYE last night. We had dinner and then headed to my Dad's place. His house is on a hill that overlooks the valley, so we got to see heaps of fireworks from his backyard. Unfortunately, most of the local councils only did 9pm fireworks shows and did nothing for midnight!! How outrageous!


Still, the view was pretty good, and the fact that we didn't have to battle crowds definitely makes up for any downfalls. 
The moon was also really pretty last night, peeking out from behind the clouds and I just had to get a photo of it!


How did you spend your NYE last night? 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig