Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Bellabox!

 

So on Monday my Bellabox arrived! I'm still going through my the products in my September box, but that didn't stop me from getting excited when I saw it in my mailbox!
(okay, technically it was behind my bin...but we don't have a mailbox!)


This box celebrated their first birthday, and tbh I thought it was better than LHI's birthday box
Not only were the products better, but they also donated $1 from each box to the "Look Good...Feel Better Foundation". 
I wasn't too sure what that was because I hadn't heard of them, but I looked them up and I'm happy that part of my money went there. 
From their website: "Look Good…Feel Better is a free community service program dedicated to helping Australians cope with the appearance related side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy such as hair loss and changes to the skin."
I think that's a really fitting charity for a beauty box to give to. 


So like I said, I was pretty happy with what I received! Let's take a look:

30mL = $100
Instantly lift and firm your skin wherever, whenever you need it! Over time, it even boosts collagen production and elastin retention in the skin. 

I received a 5mL sample. Hollllllyyyy moly is this an expensive product! This isnt' really a product that appeals to me, simply because I'm 20 and although I use preventative anti-ageing treatments, this appears to be for older people? I'm not too sure, so don't take my word on that. I will probably still try it though, or give it to my mum. 



30mL = $74 / 50mL = $102
This exfoliating serum contains plenty of ingredients to promote cell maturation, turnover and removal without causing the slightest irritation to your skin! 

I received a 7mL sample. I am so thankful for the little card that comes with these boxes that tell me what these products are. I would not think "exfoliating serum" from what Clinique have called this. 
I have used it a few times, and am yet to notice any major difference. I have however, had a bit of a breakout over the past week. That could be stress-related though, so I'm not ruling out this product yet. 

9.17mL = $13.95
On our long list of nail polish loves, Sally Hansen is right up the top. Their 60-second manicure nail colour is no exception! Sweep this pretty pink shade over nails for a fast colour fix! 

I received a full size of this product. I love receiving nail polish in these boxes - you can't really go wrong with it. This is a really pretty, almost nude pink that adds a nice shine to my nails. I didn't time it, so I don't know if the 60 second claim is accurate, but it did dry fast! I received colour 150 - Petal Pusher. 

4. Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm - Sheer Pink Tint*
2g = $8.99
* Not available for sale just yet.
This ultra hydrating gloss is perfect for throwing in your bag, for hydrated lips on the go. 

I received a full size of this product. In the tube this looks seriously pink, however applies quite sheer. I was going to swatch it for you, but honestly there's not really a point because you can't see. I will probably continue to use this product - it's a great size to chuck in my pencil case. I don't know if I'd repurchase though, just because I love my trust Blistex soooo much. 


100mL = $135
Just in time for spring, the cult classic DKNY Be Delicious French Blossom scent gets an intense makeover! Delicate florals, citrus, and a crisp apple blossom accord combine for a feminine and sensual scent. 

I received a 1.5mL sample size of this product. A lot of people complain about perfume samples, but personally I love them! These sample sizes give you enough for a couple of days of wear, and they're easy to chuck in your handbag. This perfume is really florally when you first spray it, but then you can pick up the apple blossom-y. (I suck at describing perfumes!) I actually really, really like this scent. 

200mL = $9.95
Perfect for delicate hair, this shampoo is gentle and kind to tresses, providing moisture and protection that over time helps deter breakages and split ends with post-cleansing combing. 

I received a 25mL sample size. I am on the lookout for a new shampoo so this sample could not have arrived at a better time! Although I don't have delicate hair, it is damaged and very dry. I just hope it's not too moisturising and actually does some cleansing!

150mL = $9.95
This conditioning cream does everything you want it to - working deep down inside the shaft of your hair, to penetrate every strand for nourishment from root to tip! Hair is left soft, luxurious and full of body. Use as a weekly treatment. 

I received a 10mL sachet. Haven't tried this one yet, but I will probably be giving it a whirl later this week, after I bleach my roots. 

8. Bourjois Smoky Pencil in 72 Dark Purple
0.89g = $20
The soft, easy-to-blend tip of this pop coloured liner glides along the lash line for an intense outline in one stroke. Plus, the ultra-soft brush perfectly smudges the formula. 

I received a full size of this product. I've swatched it on my hand, and it's okay. It's pretty shimmery, and does apply smoothly. It doesn't really smudge well at all though, and the brush (at the end of the pencil) doesn't really do much, but wipe the product away.



Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this month's box, and will use up everything in there. There was also a pink chocolate heart, which of course I ate already.

What did you receive in your bella box?
Have you used any of these products before? Ever tried purple eyeliner? It kind of daunts me...

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig