Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Hair-care Series Part 2: Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Review


For part 2 of the hair-care series I'm doing a review on Loreal's 'Extraordinary Oil'. They claim this can be used by all hair types. I picked this product up completely on a whim in Priceline one day - I got it virtually free because I had some vouchers so that worked pretty well. I have pretty dry hair, and it does tend to get fly-aways. I have used serums and stuff in the past and been pretty unimpressed with how they weighed my hair down and made it look greasy.

This product does not do that at all though. I use 2 pumps on dry hair before I jump in the shower on those days that I wash and condition. I find it helps to smooth it down that little bit and helps it to hold on to moisture a lot better. I've also used it on wet hair before blow drying, and I love the way it keeps the moisture locked in. As I regularly bleach my hair I have found this product to work wonders on getting it to feel like normal again.


I find the best way to apply it is to pump it into my palm, rub my hands together and smooth it through my mid-lengths to ends. The oil is kind of runny, and I find this way is the easiest to get full coverage. I also like that it is pretty easy to control the amount that comes out of the top. I've also noticed that the tube for the pump goes right to the bottom of the bottle - so that should mean that when I get to the end I won't have to struggle to get the dregs out.

The packaging is beautiful - the glass bottle gives it that sense of luxury you just don't get with plastic. I also have to mention that when I first bought it, I dropped the plastic bag I was carrying it in twice and the glass didn't smash. I wouldn't say that means you can be all willy-nilly with it but it is quite thick glass.

Here's a snap of the back of the bottle for ingredients and all that jazz:


I would definitely re-purchase this product again, I'm extremely happy with how it makes my hair feel.

Are you a fan of hair oils? Have you tried this one before? 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig