Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sydney IMATS 2012 Haul!!

HEY GUYS!

It's been a while since I've posted, and I apologise! I've just been flat out since I got back from Dubbo with a few assessments due. I really wanted to get this post up though so I thought before I got started on yet another essay due tomorrow I'd quickly write this one up.

On Sunday the 30th I went to Sydney's IMATS! For those who don't know, IMATS stands for "International Make-up Artists Trade Show".


Firstly a bit about the show; leading up to it I was seriously excited. Like, incredibly excited. I had watched videos on youtube from people who had gone to the international ones, and people who had gone to Sydney last year. I was expecting lots of displays, lots of stands and lots of people.
I'm kind of sad to say I was a little underwhelmed. Like I said - I thought there'd be more stands. Illamasqua and NYX both pulled out so weren't there on the day (both I was incredibly excited to see) and as for the stands that were there - most of them just had their products laying out. I thought there might be some more demonstrations going on. The MAC counter was also pretty underwhelming.
That being said, I did still have a great time. There were two stands who were doing demonstrations, one who was ACMUSE. They were kinda what I wanted to see; lots of special effects makeup!


So with this guy, they had applied these 'scars' all over his back. The edges get smoothed down with some alcohol on a cotton bud and they end up looking seriously authentic! The artist was telling me he was going to put some more make up on when he was done to make them look like they were just done. I couldn't get a photo of the guys face, but it  was all 'bloodied' up and made to look like he was in a fight. I had a go at alcohol-swabbing him:


And there was also this babe walking around with only body paint on:


Seriously, it takes confidence to be able to do that!

Okay, now onto what I bought!

 

So that is the entirety of the haul. The prices were incredibly cheap, and the benefit of going on Sunday meant a few things were discounted even further:

 

These are make up sanitiser wipes and two sanitiser mists. They all came in a little pack together, and I thought they'd be a good idea to clean my makeup. The sanitiser mists will be good for eyeshadows and things like that to help keep bugs off and keep it lasting longer. I don't really know what I'm going to do with those wipes though. I think it would have been better to have a brush cleaner in the pack. 

 

I realllllly don't need anymore brushes, but I did really want to pick up a roll to hold them in. I picked this one up and was so impressed with how sturdy it is, and it was only $5. It was cheaper for me to buy this, with the brushes in it than to buy a plain brush roll. The brushes also seem to be decent quality. They don't have a brand name on them, but they are incredibly soft. The lip brush on the far right has started to get some fallout though. I don't know if I'll use these, but for $5 it doesn't hurt to have a back up set.

 

I bought a copy of Rae Morris' 'Beautiful Eyes' book. This book is amazing - it has tips for all eye colours, how to do eyebrows depending on your face, and then a bunch of tutorials. And! she was there on the Sunday so I was able to get my copy signed! She was lovely to chat to, and I even got a photo with her. Unfortunately that was taken on my camera which has since decided it hates me and won't let me take photos off it.


I also bought a bunch of lashes and some glue from Blync - they were having a buy 10 for x amount sale. The prices were insanely good so I stocked up. (I think $35ish?)

 
(T-B) Rosebud Baby; Monroe Monday                                           (T-B) Angel, Venus Von Teese


 
         (T-B) Sunny Sunday, Miss Poppy                                          (T-B) Black Knight, The Good Girl
(T-B): Fabulously Fasionable; VI VI Valerie

I also bought a bunch of Inglot eyeshadows. Now, I was planning on just getting home and buying a 'z palette' for them, but then I did some research and apparently they're not that sturdy. So instead, I went online and bought a 10 palette from Inglot. When that one arrives I will take these out of their boxes and do a proper swatch and show for you guys! I really love some of the colours I bought and I kind of thought that they deserved their own post. 

So sit tight for that one!

Have you been to IMATS before? Did you go to Sydney IMATS? What did you think? What do you think of the items I bought? 


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig